Monday, March 4, 2013

Get Your Greens On!


I'm pretty nutty about eating healthy, although I can't always get my daughter to eat as healthy as I would like. She's 22 months old and typically not too picky about her food...except when it comes to spinach. I'm obsessed with spinach. It's so full in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and a good source of fiber and with all of that; it gives you a great boost of energy. So, I clearly felt it necessary to find some way for her to get some more greens. And what better way to do that then put it in a smoothie! It took a few trials and errors until I put together a great recipe. I promise, you won't even taste the spinach.



I try to use everything organic I can. I know it's a bit more expensive but it doesn't have pesticides and typically more nutrient rich. I've found that the cost isn't too bad for everything you get out of it.

What you need:

Blender
Fresh Spinach
Banana or Apple (both cover up the spinach really well)
100% Fruit Juice
Vanilla Yougurt
Whole Milk


Now let's make a great smoothie! Wash your spinach and throw a few handfuls into the blender. Then peel and cut up your banana or apple. Add about 1/2 cup each of your juice and milk. Then throw in a few spoonfuls of yogurt. You can add ice if you want, the smoothies is already going to be pretty thick though. Blend it all up until everything is mixed well and enjoy your smoothie!

This smoothie will give a great boost of energy and you'll feel great all day long! If you have your own recipe for an energy boosting shake full of nutrients, share it below!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment